Hello August! It's been a really busy 2 weeks for me. My sisters and niece from Texas, and our daughter from California, came to visit.. We had a wonderful time and it's always so special when we can all be together! I don't know why that week flew by much faster than the weeks leading up to it, when we were all so looking forward to their visit. This past week, a dear friend, Doris, from Baltimore came to visit. True story...she was my high school German teacher and we have been friends ever since. We had a lovely visit.
 |
3 sisters forever! (left to right-Jerri, Jill, Jana)
Credits here |
 |
Paint & Pour night! I took my sisters, daughter & niece.
Credits here
|
 |
| Cousins' selfie...so cute! |
 |
| Hannah & Janlyn walking hand in hand. |
 |
| Doris & I |
Are you familiar with
GALLERY STANDOUTS? It's an awesome, worldwide blog that highlights some of the most outstanding digital layouts every day. Yes, every day! Isn't that stellar? I joined the contributing team of "finger pointers" in June. It is such a pleasure to browse through the plethora of online galleries and give recognition to digital artists.
I painted on my first barn board at a local winery last Sunday with one of my good friends. I love all the textures the wood gives and I think I might even try another one soon.
 |
| Painted Barn Board |
And last, but not least, my blog is featured in the August/September 2015 issue of Artful Blogging! I am so proud and honored, as I think this publication is so beautiful and full of talented bloggers.
 |
Yep, that's my name on the cover! Barnes & Noble Bookstore
|
Having company is always fun, but I'm ready to get settled back into my regular routine. I guess school will be starting for a lot of kids and teachers soon. It's strange to realize this will be my third year of retirement. Where has the time gone, seriously?
Have a wonderful day, week and rest of the month! Thanks for stopping by!
2 comments:
You're just rocking all this art. Yay, you!!!!
Hi Jana, I found your blog by way of Artful Blogging. Congratulations! I enjoyed reading your essay and visiting here - wonderful to see your creative take on every photograph. Like you, I am retired, and enjoying the ability to take classes and embrace a creative and artful life. I'll stop by again soon to see what you are up to!
Post a Comment