Tuesday, September 1, 2015

And so here we are . . . . .


on the first day of September. As I sit here with my morning cup of coffee, I find it hard to say good-bye to yet another summer. How ever did it go by so quickly? The school buses roll by our house daily, in case I need a reminder that summer is gone. As a retired teacher, this is my 3rd year not to have that exciting "first day back." But I have to admit, I took a stroll through the back-to-school supplies at Target the other day. I couldn't help myself. I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing all the new pens, markers, spiral notebooks and best of all, the bright & shiny new crayons! Drool! I watched all the parents with their students going up and down the aisles, checking off items on their school supply lists. I hope students and teachers everywhere have a wonderful and safe school year! I'll always miss the little ones.

My summer ended on a spectacular note! I went to LA to visit our daughter and had a super awesome time! I just loved being with my girl, experiencing her daily life and going to different places than we had been to last year. Our time together was very special and we made memories every day I was there. Of course, the time went by way too fast and I already miss her like crazy.

While I was out there, I had the pleasure of meeting 2 fellow creative team friends from Designer Digitals. We sat and talked and laughed like we had known each other for years. I guess in a way, we have. I also had the privilege of meeting Jana Holstein, chief editor of Somerset's Digital Studio Magazine. She was absolutely delightful and so gracious. I really enjoyed our visit I am honored to be published in the Autumn 2015 issue. I also met Danielle Mohler , editor of Artful Blogging Magazine. I was published in the Aug./Sept./Oct. 2015 issue. It's always an honor to be amongst such talented artists in these beautiful magazines!

Debi, Me and Liz (DD Creative Team Friends)
Digital Studio Magazine Autumn 2015-Me and Jana Holstein
Having a picnic and spending a day at the Malibu Family Winery, dinner in Malibu right on the ocean, a salon day and shopping at The Grove (our favorite place to shop) were just a few of the highlights this trip. But are you ready for the main event? Wait for it . . . . .we went to the Taylor Swift 1989 concert! It was nothing short of A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! What a thrill for both of us, as we both love TS and her current album. She's an incredible performer and I just respect her all-American wholesomeness. Her 3 celebrity guests that night were Selena Gomez, Lisa Kudrow and Justin Timberlake. I thought Janlyn was just going to faint when JT came out! He was awesome!

Here are some photos, not yet edited, I'll share from my trip. I'll spend time this week getting back to my normal routine and sorting through all my photos. It's also time to play with new products from DD and create some new layouts. I can't wait to see all the new products for the upcoming fall season! Stay tuned!


 at The Grove

Me and my awesome daughter at the winery!

Malibu Family Wines and yes, we wore flower crowns! They were making & selling them there and lots of women  bought one to wear.  It was fun being a princess for the day!

View from the Moon Shadows Restaurant in Malibu

Right before the concert


The amazing TS Swift and JT at the concert in LA!

Taylor Swift 1989 World Tour Concert
Shake It Off-Finale! My fave! Janlyn was in her video last fall.

And so here we are . . . . . the beginning of a new month on the horizon of autumn. I hope you make some memories of your own this September. I'm definitely ready for some cooler weather and fall is one of my favorite seasons! Enjoy your day and as always, thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

Ann said...

LOL I go to Target too and stroll the school supply aisles. Can't take the teacher out of us!!

Ann said...

Always enjoy your blog