Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Little Bit of Art

Hi,
Jana here with today's blog post.

I am participating in Life Book 2015, a Willowing Arts class by Tam Laporte. (Life Book Class)  I'm enjoying having weekly lessons and challenging myself to try new things in the world of painting and art journaling. One of my favorite lessons so far was one from Juliette Crane called Happy Painting. We painted darling little owls and I just adored mine. After doing this is my art journal, I decided to also paint one on a canvas. Here are some of the paints and supplies I used. The cost was minimal. :)

18 x 18 canvas
Paints by Dylusions, Dina Wakley, Golden and Tim Holtz tissue paper.

Bright colors on the canvas.

Owl sketched and painted.
White paint added to soften the colors, teal water at the bottom and details added to owl.

I loved the process and my sweet lil owl! It's always amazing to watch a project transform from the beginning stages to the final result.

Here are a couple of my other recent art journal pages. These are not related to Life Book.  I hope you like this as much as I do.

Abstract with gold metallic paint and textures.


Lines, shapes and stamped words.

Paints, stencils and flamingo stamp from Unity Stamps.
It's hard to believe we're nearing the end of July! I hope you're having a wonderful summer if you're here in the northern hemisphere. Southern hemisphere? Well, I hope you're having a wonderful winter. All seasons are beautiful in their own ways, right?

That's my little bit of art for today. Enjoy your day/night and I hope you get inspired to create some art of your own. As always, thanks for stopping by.





2 comments:

jeanne said...

You don't have a non-creative bone in your body. You're rocking this!!!!

Ann said...

Well done!