Monday, March 16, 2015

Key West Birthday


I just happen to have been born on the Ides of March...yes, beware! Unlike Caesar, I had a wonderful birthday celebration here at home yesterday. My hubby spoiled me all day long. One of our daughters and her family came up to see us. Bob cooked thick, juicy steaks on the grill, which is one of my favorite dinners. The guys brought up the deck chairs from the basement and I declared the 2015 deck season open! Yeah, spring is later this week and it's time to start enjoying some outside time again. WELCOME SPRING!

We actually celebrated my birthday a little early last weekend. We flew down to Key West, Florida, to just get away, relax, see a place we've never seen before and visit some friends who winter down there. We had a wonderful time and kept busy all three days. I really loved eating outdoors, which was commonplace down there, at almost every restaurant. Another highlight was the gorgeous Key West Butterfly Conservatory. Thousands upon thousands of butterflies dance all around, stopping for sips of nectar along every path. The Blue Morpho butterflies were so beautifully iridescent and the huge number of them was astonishing! There were many varieties of butterflies, moths, birds and even a few flamingos. The aquamarine waters down there were gorgeous! The sun shining down turned the water into precious jewels, shimmering all across the waters. Every night, they celebrate the beautiful sunsets with a "sunset festival." Everyone gathers along the water's edge, street performers are all around and then the magical sunsets memorize the onlookers.

Here are two digital layouts I've completed from our Key West trip. We took several hundreds of photos, so it will take a while to sort, edit and compose into digital works.

Louie's Backyard Grill

Coconut Tree + Brushstroke app
And here are just a few photos, not yet edited, just to give you an idea of what we saw in Key West.

Roosters were everywhere! Protected species in KW

Blue Morpho

Awesome, huge Atlas Moth

Veteran Bagpipe Playe

Sunset and Sailboat
Fire Juggler

Coconut Vendor

2 Painted Bikes on Fleming St.


I'll be posting more as I get photos edited, etc.


I'm thrilled to announce that I was once again published as a "Spotlight" artist in the current issue of Somerset's Digital Studio Magazine! I always feel so honored to be included amongst such talented artists, as are in this publication. So if you have time, I hope you'll browse your local bookstore and take a look. I'm sure many of you subscribe and may have already drooled all over your own copy. There are so many wonderful inspiration pieces in every issue.

I hope you celebrate the first day of spring (at least here in the northern hemisphere) on Friday! I can't wait to see some flowers bloom! Enjoy, come back again soon and as always, have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!



No comments: