Happiness is June! It's the official first month of summer and around here, it's just a gorgeous month in so many ways. The flowers are finally in full bloom, the weather is wonderful and open windows abound. Sara celebrated her 40th birthday and had a fabulous wine tasting party in their backyard. Janlyn was home for a week. She flew home for Sara's birthday. It was awesome having her here.
 |
| Designer Digitals |
We just had our entire yard landscaped and the improvements are huge. My hubby hasn't really worked in the yard for several years now, so it the landscaping was really needed. Hopefully, we can maintain everything better now that the professionals have been here.
Wrapping up May, we flew to Georgia for our niece's wedding and while we were there, I got to spend time with some dear friends. Poor Beth broke her arm 6 days before the wedding. Despite that, it was a lovely southern wedding.
 |
| Beth & Jim |
Sara's family came too and we all went to the World of Coca Cola and also the Georgia Aquarium. Both of these places were amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed our "field trips."
I've been working on some new skills and actually took 3 online classes. Thanks goodness for online! Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the time. My iPad really serves a lot of purposes for me. I took this class,
Watercolors for Card Makers. It was chalk full of beautiful ideas and techniques for using watercolors. The inspiration from the instructors was wonderful!
The next class was
Make Your Mark by Robin Mead. This was all about exploring line shapes and color. I still need lots of practice in this area.
My current class is
Journal Bound Workshop. I'm still working through the videos but here is my first project. The instructor is Roben Marie Smith and I love her style.
There's always something new to learn and I'm loving learning more about mixed media art! I'm already looking forward the next "paint & pour" class at a local restaurant. These classes are becoming more & more popular and seem to be widespread across the country. If you haven't tried one, you might want to check to see if there are any in your local areas. Try one! Lots of fun!
Travel, classes and last but not least, here are some of my recent digital layouts. I have tons of photos to go through and scrap but all in due time I guess. Digital scrapping is truly my passion and one I truly feel is my forte.
 |
| One of my favorite photos-taken in Beverly Hills. Products by Silvia Romeo and Katie Pertiet, Courtney Designs and Anna Aspnes. |
 |
| Feather art! Anna Aspnes feather and inspiration from Adryane Driscoll. |
 |
| Designer Digitals |
 |
| Nancie Rowe Janitz designs |
 |
| Nancie Rowe Designs |
 |
| Designer Digitals |
 |
| Liv.edesigns |
 |
| Liv.edesigns and Anna Aspnes |
 |
| Nancie Rowe and Designer Digitals |
 |
| Aria Designs |
 |
Designer Digitals
|
Enjoy June and thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment so I know you were here.
No comments:
Post a Comment