Thursday, May 15, 2014

Merry Month of May!

This is proving to be a very busy, but merry month of May! I have been taking an online watercolor class for card makers. It's a lot of fun and has been so inspiring. There really is a learning curve to working with watercolors though,  but I love the look. Speaking of painting, I have now painted my first ever canvas. Believe me, it looks like a first attempt but I was thrilled that once again, I tried something new! Remember? That's part of my first year being retired! A friend and I went to the "Paint & Pour" event at a local restaurant and had so much fun! An instructor from our local art museum led the way. The canvas and paints were included and so was the wine and dinner. It was a wonderful way to spend the evening, plus we got to take home our project!



I am happy to announce that I have joined another creative team at Scrap Art Studio. SAS The designers there are very artistic and really have some fabulous digital products. They offer quite a few tutorials and the owner, Cilenia Curtis, also teaches classes at Scrapaneers.  Here are the first few layouts I've added to their gallery.

Refresh kit by Angie Young

A Scrap of Simplicity by Aria

UrbanScape by Courtney Designs

Beachwalk by Cilenia Curtis and Country Road by Aria

A Scrap of Yellow by Aria

I have a few more layouts completed from my trip to Disneyland. I'll be working on all my California photos for quite a while. They bring a smile to my face every time I look at them!  

Template by Jana Morton

T+Mini11-Story Circles by Liv.edesigns

Products from Designer Digitals and Anna Aspnes

Products from Designer Digitals and Anna Aspnes

Studio DD Layer Works template

We are off to Atlanta for a niece's wedding tomorrow! We will also be visiting good friends and taking the grands to the World of Coca Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. Should be an awesome weekend! I'll post photos next week. Have a wonderful day and stop again soon!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your newest artistic endeavors, Jana! Love your new blog and the wonderful photos/samples you've posted :) Great job, Friend!

jeanne said...

Wowsers!!! Your creative button is in high gear. Love your awesome layouts. Congrats on the new team membership!!!!