Monday, October 8, 2012

Magic Monday!

Good Monday Morning!

More changes, as promised. I thought it would be fun to try some new techniques both for images and here on the blog. In Kim Klaussen's Behind the Scenes class, we learned how to apply a code for the "mouse over" effect on an image. So cool! All you have to do is run your mouse over my two images below to see the before and after effects. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this will work! (insert crossed fingers xxx) 

Mouse over before/after image
Mouse over-Lunapic_water reflection
Have you been playing with your iPhone/iPad apps with your photos? Wow! What a fun new world it opens. My top image was a photo taken at Open Book during Spraguefest in Minneapolis last month. I used the AutoPainter iPad app to get the painted textures on it. Love that app! Then for more fun, I also used the Tiny Planet app to create this image.

AutoPainter + Tiny Planet
The flowers photo was also taken at Open Book. Then I used the LunaPic app and applied the water reflection option. Way cool and really fast!  

Okay, here's one more that is probably the most dramatic! I followed Chris Asbury's tutorial right here. I love all of her tutorials! She's so talented & creative! For this image, I used AutoPainter, Tiny Planets and Filter Mania. Now how's that for a wow factor! I plan on using these in layouts too.

Mouse over-AutoPainter + Tiny Planet + Filter Mania/moon


So, if you haven't already, go download some apps and have FUN! I'd love to see what you come up with!  I think I still need to tweak the mouse over code. It seems to only work once. Hmmmm......Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous photo/app day!


5 comments:

Janlyn said...

lovin the lay out of your blog mommy!
you rock! and keep up the great work!
punky

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Cool photos, Jana! :)

Anonymous said...

These are amazing!!! Cool techniques.

Jenn/PrettyinPosies said...

jana! you tried the mouse over! so cool. still in awe over the martini glass image!

jeanne said...

You are rocking these photos!!!