Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October's Party!

October is flying by! I haven't been out much, except for Dr. appts., so I'm not getting to see the changes in leaf colors as much as I usually do. Bummer! But on a good note, my recovery is going well and I've gotten to sit at my iMac for a little while every day. That makes me happy! Here are a few pages I've completed for CT @ Jessica Sprague.

Liv.Edesigns new This & That stickers

Nancie Rowe Janitz's Autumn Blend + Liv.Edesigns Brownbagger

Carina Gardner's Spider Web + Fancy Pants Oct. 31st

Nancie Rowe Janitz's new Mixed Media
I'm also taking Jana Morton's Blending & Beyond class here. Here is my first layout. I L.O.V.E. how it turned out!


And 2 more layouts I've completed.....

Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss for inspiration!

Sunflowers always make me smile!
So, as the leaves are turning & falling, the air is cool & crisp and we prepare for winter's arrival, go out, take a few pix and enjoy the splendor of October! I'll leave you with one of my favorite poems.


October's Party
Author: George Cooper

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

The Chestnuts came in yellow,
The Oaks in crimson dressed;
The lovely Misses Maple
In scarlet looked their best;
All balanced to their partners,
And gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.

Then, in the rustic hollow,
At hide-and-seek they played,
The party closed at sundown,
And everybody stayed.
Professor Wind played louder;
They flew along the ground;
And then the party ended
In jolly "hands around."




4 comments:

Jenn/PrettyinPosies said...

beautiful LOs, every.single.one!

jeanne said...

WOW, your layouts are blowing me away. They are gorgeous! So happy you can get to your iMac for a little creative time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts!! Hope you're feeling sprite and ready to do the jig soon!

Anke said...

those pages are all gorgeous, Jana, I totally love the one with the little witch! It's so artsy!!! Looks like you have been busy despite the foot :)