Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm Baaaack!

I am back from my spring break in Texas. I had a wonderful time with Mom and my 2 sisters, Jill & Jerri. They all loved the heritage albums I made for them! Mom was so touched and I know she'll go down memory lane many times looking through the book. It was awesome giving them such a gift I know they will cherish forever!

We drove 3 hours south from Stephenville to see the bluebonnets and wildflowers in the hill country. We were sadly disappointed when they just had not bloomed down there this spring. We didn’t let that spoil our special day together though. We had lunch at a lovely tea room and gift shop. We even splurged and had strawberry crepes and a brownie a la mode for dessert. On our way back, we drove through the LBJ Ranch, still in pursuit of the bluebonnets. Mom will be 89 this summer but still loves to go places. She was extremely happy that the 4 of us were together! The weather was picture perfect and our little day trip together was simply wonderful.....a lovely way to start spring!


Echo Park has 2 new fantastic kits called Playground 1 & 2. Here is a LO featuring them. I had never done anything with these photos until now. Playground was perfect! It's funny how sometimes photos just sit in folders and then one day something inspires you to scrap them. Such is the case with this LO!



Bob visited a wolf park with a buddy last weekend, before my trip. They paid for the day and he said it was really fantastic and well worth the trip. I will slowly get some LOs done but here's one for starters.



Bob also happened upon a huge flock of pelicans the other day. It was really windy (check out the feathers) but he got some awesome shots and of course I just had to scrap them. The way they lined up & fished was truly like a synchronized swimming event!


Well, back to school tomorrow for the last 9 weeks! Have a great day & thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anke said...

I am so glad you had a good time and that the albums were a success :) Love your pages, those wolves are amazing! I need to get out of this town....I need some pictures like that!!!

Juls~ said...

Jana! Sounds like you all had a blast! I hope I have as much energy as your Mom does when I get older! Beautiful layouts as always.