Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween...and other news!

We had a really nice fall weekend! The high winds from earlier in the week gave way to sunny skies & mild temps. Beautiful! Yesterday Bob & I went to our daughter, Sara's house for a Halloween get-together. Sara made 3 yummy soups-ham/bean, chili, potato-, had snacks like sliced apples with caramel dip, chips & guacamole dip, kettle corn, apple cider for the kids and adult drinks as well. She made Halloween brownies and we brought brown sugar cookies with edible pictures from our local bakery. Brent, our son-in-law made a fire in the fire pit and it was a perfect night to sit outside around the fire. Our daughter, Jennifer, and her 2 sons were with us too. Her oldest dd went to her own party as did our Janlyn & her BF. Great evening! Thanks Sara & Brent! Oh yea, last night was trick-or-treat night and for the first time ever, ever, ever, I wasn't at home passing out candy. Worked for me! I had enough of that at school, thank you very much!

I had planned on just soaking up some major R & R today but ended up getting tons done! That's a good thing! I actually made omelets for Bob & I this morning, did mega loads of laundry, took care of misc. domestic chores and then weeded through my entire digi stash to purge old/unused supplies. I seriously needed to make room for more current ones. That was a major accomplishment today. I feel so organized right now! Woo hoo!

Now you know I didn't let a weekend go by without creating a LO! You're so right! Liv has a really cute days of the week tape labels that will be out on Monday. Janlyn came up with the idea of her 5 pairs of UGGs, yes 5, one for all the days (except 1) of the week. She & her daddy took a lot of cute photos in the front yard and this is what I came up with. We all had fun with this one! It was definitely a family project for Saturday! Loved that!


November begins tomorrow! It's hard to believe, isn't it? Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner! That's even harder to believe! We will be having Thanksgiving dinner at our house with all our kids & grandkids this year! Can't wait!  Our parent-teacher conferences are this week. Tomorrow will be spent entering grades for report cards while my class is at 2 specials. First quarter, check!

2 comments:

jeanne said...

What a wonderful evening that sounds like. Nothing like being surrounded by family. Love the Uggs layout. Don't tell, but even I have a pair down here in the humid south.

Amy L said...

Jana, I just love your page!