Monday, October 25, 2010

Ah, October!


There is just everything to love about October! The leaves are wearing their brilliant colors as if to say, "take one last look for my branches soon will be bare." The weather is cooler now, just right for sleeping with the windows open and for taking a brisk walk. Flocks of Canadian geese are flying overhead in the infamous shape of a V, honking as if to say "so long for now."The cerulean blue skies are just never this blue any other time of year. Crayola even includes a cerulean crayon in their boxes now! The kids love that last day of October too! Trick-or-treat! Don't you just love October? I think this poem says it perfectly!
                                        
                                                  
                       October's Party
Author: George Cooper


October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
The Chestnuts came in yellow,
The Oaks in crimson dressed;
The lovely Misses Maple
In scarlet looked their best;
All balanced to their partners,
And gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.

Then, in the rustic hollow,
At hide-and-seek they played,
The party closed at sundown,
And everybody stayed.
Professor Wind played louder;
They flew along the ground;
And then the party ended
In jolly "hands around."
To celebrate October's Party, here is a LO I created using Liv's new Mask Me masks. I love the colors and the reflection! Bob took this photo on the Wisconsin River last week when was up there on business. You know Bob, he takes his camera to work with him, just for moments like this.
I also created this fun LO using Crystal's new Template IBSW #3and Color Me Happy papers. I thought all the circles were perfect for these cute pictures of Madeline & her little pupcake.

Janlyn & Joel spent a wonderful fall day at the local apple orchard!


Enjoy the last week of this spectacular month!




4 comments:

Ann said...

yes I can follow this blog now on face book. btw you have my old inactive blog listed over there--->

My active blog is www.awidelife.wordpress.com

Catherine said...

Jane,
These layouts take my breath away, soooo lovely.
Fall is such a beautiful time of the year.
Have a great week end
Catherine

Catherine said...

Oops, meant Jana, bad typist...
Catherine

jeanne said...

Stunning snapshot!!!! After 36 years, I still miss the turning of the leaves. You did such an outstanding job showcasing it!!