Thursday, July 4, 2013

So many reasons to celebrate!

Happy 237 th Birthday America! Aren't we blessed to live in the United States, land of the FREE and home of the brave?  Such simple words really, yet today truly marks our independence and all that we have to be thankful for. It's also the day families come together to enjoy local parades, games, great food and a day off their busy schedules. Fireworks will burst through our skies tonight, whether in small town USA or in huge city extravaganzas. However you celebrate, remember that today is America's birthday!

Aaaah, sweet retirement! I don't think I've ever been happier! I still wake up everyday wondering if this is all real or not.....pinch me! For the most part, it's just another summer off school as usual, but this summer already feels very different. I'm more relaxed, more energetic and more willing to just enjoy life. Knowing that I don't have to return to school next month is just jubilating.

Just for fun!
So far this first summer of retirement has brought time with family & friends and time to craft. Janlyn was home last month and that was just so wonderful. She does love LA but she was really glad to be home for a couple of weeks. My special gifts from Bob included a brand new 27"iMac plus a redo of my craft room, aka my happy room! Here's a LO showing my new IKEA wall unit and table. I'm elated over the neat & clean organization it has brought and of having a huge table for me & friends to work on. Here's a look: Don't you just love it?


July 6th will be another day for us to celebrate. Our granddaughter, Kelsi, has a birthday as well as our Yorkie, Madeline. Kelsi turns 14 and Madeline turns 15...wow! Happy Birthday girlies! Speaking of birthdays, my father-in-law, Chuck, celebrated his 98th in June...another wow! There were about 70 family members at his party.

Chuck, top left, and his living siblings.

The best part of having daytime at home is getting to scrapbook and craft. Whether digital or paper, creating has become my favorite past time. Making cards, art journals, layouts, etc., fill my time and give me great pleasure. I can't post everything here, you'd tell me to stop already, but I still love to share  my CT layouts that I've done for Liv Esteban (liv.edesigns) and Nancie Rowe Janitz. They are both incredibly talented ladies and friends. Hope you enjoy seeing my work and thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day, week, month and summer!

Products by Liv.edesigns
Products by Nancie Rowe Janitz








1 comment:

jeanne said...

Wonderful happy days!!!! Love your layouts.