Thursday, July 26, 2012

COLOR ME HAPPY!

Here's my latest creative project. I saw this idea on Pinterest. There are several ones there to look at. Who doesn't love Crayolas and this just totally makes me happy with all the colors dripping like magic!

Step One: Hot glue 52 crayons onto a blank 14 x 18 inch canvas. (You can use any size canvas you wish and adjust the number of crayons accordingly.)

Use a blow dryer (highest setting) and simply melt away. Let drip to desired effect and voila, instant gratification!
I'm going to hang this in my classroom this year. I think the kids will love it, don't you? It would look cute in a kid's room too. This is a very EZ-PZ project and I completed it in about 45 minutes.  If you have done one or if you decide to try it, let me know.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope your day will be colored happy too!



3 comments:

Barbara said...

Jana, this is so cool! I saw this on Pinterest too but hadn't done it. (Isn't that what happens so often on Pinterest ... looks great but am I really going to do it? You did it ... awesome!!!) I guess I have no place to hang it. What a fun thing for you to make for your classroom! TFS!
Barbara

Unknown said...

This is such a cool idea. It would also make a great teacher gift or art work for a kid's room. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Love this project!!! Going to do it with my grandkids! Thanks, Jana.