Here are a couple of my layouts illustrating the use of white space. The first one is truly "white" with just a splash of purple & green to compliment the hydrangea photo. The second one shows that white space doesn't have to be white. In both layouts, minimal elements are placed close to the photo to draw the viewer's eye to the photo.
![]() |
| Photo mask by Nancie Rowe Janitz. Elements by Liv.Edesigns |
![]() |
| Template by Katie Pertiet |
Next time you're working on a layout, digital or paper, give this technique a try. If you care to share your work with me, leave me a comment and a link/attachment so I can celebrate your accomplishment.
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of white space!



3 comments:
Awesome layouts and I love your explanation of white space!!
Thank you for your tutorial and examples. You said it--I am always trying to fill up space.
loving them both!! you know i will be doing this soon. ;)
Post a Comment