We had such a wonderful weekend! Friday night Bob & I went to my school's staff holiday party. We had a great turnout and a very nice evening. A few of us got together after the party in the bar with Brandy Alexanders and Chocolatinis. Now doesn't that just sound yummy? Oh yeah, it was!
It snowed Friday night and most of Saturday. It was a beautiful 1st snow; just perfect for the Christmas season! Bob & Janlyn went to a local Christmas tree farm and cut down, what else, the perfect tree. That's such an awesome tradition that all 3 of our girls have enjoyed with their Daddy. Meanwhile, I stayed in my jammies a good part of the day and got 2 layouts completed, drank lots of fresh hot coffee and enjoyed the fireplace all day long. Don't faint, but I even cooked. Janlyn's boyfriend came over and she wanted hamburger stroganoff. I wanted spaghetti so I made both. Yea, I did, for real. I also made a batch of the traditional holiday chex mix to take to a party on Sunday. Without further delay, here's a recap of cutting down the tree via photos.
Gotta love this annual trek! Hopefully, we'll get some photos of the tree all decorated later this week.
Our creative team rotates designers every month. I will be working with In The Making Designs, Linda Roos, for December. She's a real jewel and so are her designs. She lives in Sweden. I hope to meet her in real life someday. She has a new template & quick page set out today that highlights photos from 2010. I showcased our beautiful new poinsettia with a template she created last month. Both are just awesome! Here are my 2 layouts:
That brings me to Sunday. Bob and I went with another couple to our mutual friend's home in Wisconsin for our annual holiday get together. These friends live on a wooded lot and it was just beautiful and sooo Christmassy after the snow. Every inch of her home was decorated and her tree was truly a masterpiece. They greeted us with Bloody Marys and snacks. Then she served us a wonderful lunch plus she had 8, yes 8, dessert choices. We literally rolled out to the car when we left. We had a wonderful time!
I hope your weekend was a wonderful one too! We are on countdown now until winter break. We have 9 school days left. Woo hoo!
Happy Monday everyone!









4 comments:
Wow!!! You do have more snow than we do. Fantastic pictures! I always counted down the days for winter break, too!!!
Love the poinsettia layout. The clean, crisp lines really highlight the flowers. WOW!
Your poinsettia layout is just gorgeous! WOW!
Jana...best wishes for a wonderful Christmas! I know you'll enjoy your holiday break :)
Post a Comment