Sunday, September 19, 2010

LABOR DAY

Loved, loved, loved this 3-day weekend! The weather was cooler, we had our morning coffee on the deck, we grilled out twice, got lots done around the house and I managed to spend many hours of leisure on my computer checking forums, reading blogs and digi scrapping. I think the "L" train in Chicago is so unique and such a vital part of the city. I'm slowly working on my Spraguefest album and wanted to devote a whole page to the "L." I used an acid wash action on the photo; love the effect! I also scanned in my actual ticket/pass that I used while I was in the city this summer. Hope you had an enjoyable weekend as well!



Here's another one of a lighthouse on Lake Michigan. This photo was taken on our boat tour. I applied a watercolor filter to my photo and then masked it in. I wanted a little different look since I have so many photos of Lake Michigan.




5 comments:

Amy L said...

What lovely pages Jana! I will definitely have to try that acid wash action on a building photo, so cool!

Anonymous said...

B-e-a-u-tiful!
That acid wash was awesome!
Glad you were able to relax and get some L.O. done this weekend!
Love ya,
Punky

jeanne said...

These are two of my most favorite all time layouts!!! EVER!

QueenShakeNBake said...

Where did you get the acid wash action you used on these photos?

Anke said...

hey, what happened to the comment I had left here???? I love love those pages Jana, they are gorgeous, the lighthouse one with the clipping mask is totally cool and the photo treatment of the one on top is amazing! Gorgeous work!!!