I last posted one month ago when things were very dismal. I think it's time for an update so here goes.
First of all, Janlyn is recovering beautifully! All wounds have closed, diminished in size and are basically healed. This is huge progress since the accident happened! We are so thankful! Janlyn had to endure all the painful, extremely painful, debriding for 5 weeks. We went from crying & screaming bloody murder to lesser crying & screaming, to crying, to lesser crying and finally to the point where there was no more pain. Bless her heart! I do not know how she did it! It was very hard on Bob & I too, seeing her go through so much pain and not being able to make it go away. It broke our hearts. Anyone who has gone through such a thing, or knows someone who has, knows what I'm talking about. If you don't, I hope you never will.
Janlyn told Bob that he could never, ever call her a "lightweight" or tell her to "buck-up" again. LOL! You tell him Punky! After all she's been through, he won't!
Post-trauma symptoms have hit all 3 of us, Janlyn especially. Nightmares, fears and anxiety all hit at different times. We sometimes wonder if things will ever get back to normal. There are good days too, and luckily, they outnumber the bad days. As I write tonight, Janlyn is back living in Iowa and working. She set a goal to get back to work and it was truly remarkable how quickly she did. We are very proud of her!
Janlyn, you are one strong & amazing young lady! You conquered the battle and with such dignity and bravery! We are so blessed that you are going to be fine and you have your whole wonderful life ahead of you! Muah my Princess!
2 comments:
Lovin this post. Janlyn is amazing and so are her parents!
Love you!
Amy
Jana...thanks for the update. I've been thinking about Janlyn and hoping she was doing better.
Post a Comment