Sunday, January 23, 2011
College, Samsung and Photoshop Live!
Wow, what a week it has been! We got Janlyn moved into her new dorm last weekend only to find ourselves totally consumed by a psycho roommate. Her behaviors were so dramatic and mean that Daddy Bob stepped up to the plate and made arrangements for Janlyn to be placed in another dorm altogether. Needless to say, they don't usually make any changes that soon. Come to find out, this was her scam and she had run several roommates out before Janlyn. The dean of students was called in and let's just say her little scam is ovah! You know how things work out for the best? Well totally... they did. Janlyn now is in a suite with 2 other girls and they share their own bathroom and kitchen. How awesome is that for a college student! A winter storm with snow and ice hit and we couldn't have made the 2nd move without the help of our family. Everyone helped in one way or another until we got it all done. The U of I has a bus that picks up students at the front door, delivers them to whatever buildings they need to go to for classes and brings them back any time day or night up until midnight. Awesome again! Plus she has her own permanent parking spot where she keeps her car. She absolutely loved everything about her first week as a Hawkeye and is super excited to be there and to be back in school! You rock Janlyn! Have a great semester! WE are all so proud of you!
In the midst of all that, we had to buy a new washer & dryer. The old ones finally bit the dust. Have you shopped for appliances recently? I was dumbfounded. They are all computerized now with feature after feature after feature to choose from; almost like shopping for a new car! We ended up buying a fabulous Samsung duo. They are both front loaders with steam, 13 cycles and all kinds of settings and are rated very high on the consumer reports. They're a beautiful platinum color and sit on storage pedestals. The look is so high tech! I guess they are high tech! They will be delivered in a few days and I'm actually looking forward to doing laundry again. Of course, we have 2 weeks worth piled up...sigh.
Jessica Sprague has launched a new and exciting live broadcast for Photoshop Fridays! Yea, LIVE! Unfortunately, I was at school Friday when it was broadcast, but the good news is they are recorded and I watched Friday's episode this morning with my coffee and the fireplace on. You can watch it too, right here. It was so fun to see Jessica and her bubbly personality in action. The only thing I missed was the live chats going on. These are going to run the 1st & 3rd Fridays of every month for the time being. I think most of us are keeping our fingers crossed that she will end up doing them every Friday.
I have a couple of new LOs that are already posted in the inspiration gallery at JessicaSprague. Splendid Fiins "Love Yoo" quick page will be available in the store tomorrow. Quick pages are so handy when you just want to get a LO done, well, quickly. This is Janlyn & her boyfriend, Joel. Aren't they a handsome couple?
I wanted to document all the Barbie doll ornaments Janlyn has collected over the years when she was little. I like seeing them all on one page. This will be added to our Christmas album, if I ever get it finished. I used Carina Gardner's O Christmas Tree kit, which I just love!
So begins another week. It's plenty cold here in northern Illinois and we have quite a bit of snow on the ground. I'm counting on lots of cozy nights at home!
Have a wonderful week and as Jessica quoted at the end of her broadcast, "Every single day, do something every day that makes your heart sing!" I love that! That's going to be my new motto! Thanks Jess! (Quote by Marcia Wieder)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
aw this means so much to me mommy. i'm so glad you guys are proud of me because i am def. proud of myself. and you got that right...i LOVE being a hawkeye! its such an amazing campus/school/atmosphere!
love the barbie LO. they each look so beautiful in their own little spot =)
miss you and cant wait to come home and do some laundry lol
love you guys (and pookey too) <3
What an experience with the roommate! My daughter had a similar one also and had to go through the dean of students to get her off campus. It's a big adjustment, establishing a home away from home and learning to live with others! And big worries for Mom and Dad! Love your layouts. So many Barbie ornaments to treasure.
Miki
Jana...so glad everything worked out for Janlyn!
Taylor will be a senior in high school next year, so we're in the beginning stages of looking at colleges. I can't believe how fast the years fly by!
Love the LO of Janlyn & her boyfriend. Gorgeous!
Post a Comment